Too Many Pets

Commentary about life with pets and kids, plus links to the businesses that are helping me pay for their upkeep.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Too Many Pets

I started this blog as a experiment and promptly forgot about it - however, it is time to get back to it! Recently, (and of course it HAD to be at Christmastime) our oldest ferret (Silver, a six-year-old female silver mitt) began losing her hair at an alarming rate. "Oh, no!" My immediate thoughts were of adrenal cancer. Luckily, after doing some web research, I began to get the idea that the average lifespan of the domestic ferret it lengthening, due to new procedures, such as "adrenalectomy." (I think I made up that word :-0) Our veterinarian is a world-famous ferret expert (Tom Kawasaki) and he removed one adrenal gland and froze the other. (I want to say he froze the left and removed the right, but I may have that backwards) Silver came through the surgery with flying colors and 12 days later she is fit and frisky. I had her stitches removed two days ago, and at the time I couldn't believe that her "insides" wouldn't just fall out! I am still giving her antibiotics three times a day (the bottle will be gone soon), and Pepto Bismol, which she despises! Hopefully, her hair will grow back in its next growth cycle, and she will have a new lease on life!

If you are interested in a clean-burning, scented candle that will not harm your pets, please contact me through my website
soycandlegems.scent-team.com

Thanks~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home